Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Super Mario and Angry Birds Pixel Art

This activity was inspired by these awesome cupcakes that my oldest daughter made for my son's birthday this year.
 


The link for the cupcakes can be found here.

I wasn't exactly sure of the best way to recreate this on paper, so my kids and I had a lot of fun trying out a couple different techniques at home.

We used washable paints and a mini round sponge for this one...





...then tried painting with pencil erasers...


...and then some Angry Birds done with Q-tips...


After trying all three, I decided that Q-tips were the easiest; and they're disposable so there's not too much to clean up.

I'm excited to try this during therapy sessions, and thought of a few different ways to use it with my clients:

1.  As a reinforcer - after five trials of a sound, word, or sentence, the child can add five dots
2.  Following Directions/Sequencing - "Make three brown dots, then two blue dots" etc.
3.  Location Concepts/Prepositions - under, above, next to, left, right, top, bottom, "put brown under blue, blue goes next to yellow"

I know there are tons of ways to incorporate this into speech and language sessions.  Let me know how you use it!






No comments:

Post a Comment